We recently shared an easy at home recipe for cannabutter that can be used in ANY recipe that calls for butter. As amazing as this butter is, there are some recipes oil is more suited to use. May we present: Canna-oil! Canna-oil can be made with ANY oil you prefer to use. Coconut, vegetable, olive, avocado…any oil! Just like the butter, this recipe is super simple and made with ingredients at home.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of preferred oil
- 7-10 grams of decarbed weed (check out our blog with instructions on how to decarb your weed.)
- 3-5 qt. sauce pan (old, unused, or thrift store pan recommend due to residue left behind.)
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer
- Glass jar with lid or oil decanter
- Add 1 cup of oil and your decarbed weed to your sauce pan, on low-medium heat.
- Bring to a slow simmer with minimal bubbles and allow to stay at that temp for 3 hours. Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid anything sticking or burning.
- Remove from heat and strain into glass jar or decanter. Allow to cool to room temperature before using. Can be stored in cabinet for up to two months.
Must be 21+. Please consume responsibly.