Canna-butter is a simple and effective way to introduce cannabis to your food and can be used in a variety of recipes. Following these easy steps, you’ll have delicious cannabis infused butter to add a little buzz to your cooking that can be achieved with basic household ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 qt saucepan (old, unused or thrift store pan recommended due to residue that can be left behind.)
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer
- 7-10 grams decarbed weed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- Glass jar with lid or butter mold
- Add water and butter to your sauce pan on medium heat.
- Once at a slow simmer, add your decarbed weed and continue to simmer uncovered for 2-3 hours. Be careful not to bring it to a full boil, as it will burn the butter and weed.
- Once fully infused, remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth into desired mold or jar.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and then ready to use. Cover tightly to store and can be kept for up to 2 weeks in the fridge 6 months in the freezer!
Now you’re ready to infuse your favorite foods with canna-butter! Just use a 1:1 substitute ratio and you’re ready to go. Be cautious with dosing until you achieve your desired high. Can be used to substitute regular butter in any baking or cooking recipes or used anyway melted butter would be. Think on toast, popcorn, pancakes, pasta…the possibilities are endless! Now go enjoy that sweet homemade goodness.
Must be 21+. Please consume responsibly.